“Clothing Care Council Bestows Award of Excellence upon Best Cleaners”
Since 2005, Best Cleaners has continually been awarded the Award of Excellence; being the first recipient in the State of Minnesota. This award is viewed as the most stringent and prestigious in the dry cleaning industry. The program was introduced by the Drycleaning and Laundry Institute (DLI) at the Clean ’05 show in Orlando as a means of separating the best from the rest among the ranks of drycleaners and to help consumers find an answer to the perennial question “Where can I find a good drycleaner?”
To meet the requirements, a drycleaner needs to adhere to technical competence, commitment to customer service and environmental responsibility.
Qualifying for the Award of Excellence is just the first step. In order to remain in the program, Best Cleaners must continue to follow rules designed to ensure customers get the service and quality they deserve on every trip, such as:
- Meeting or exceeding a specific initial level of education and training on an ongoing basis.
- Acceptance and good standing in a national dry cleaning trade association that offers education, research, monthly periodicals, training and technical support.
- Annually passing a Cleaning Quality Performance Test to ensure good cleaning.
- Annually passing the Stain Removal Test, comprised of six difficult stains on white silk.
Displaying and upholding a set of customer service principles that guarantee:
- Prompt attention to your inquiries or concerns.
- Technical competence and professional quality.
- Return of your garments when promised.
- Adherence to non-gender-based pricing.
- A commitment to environmental responsibility.
- Free cleaning of the American flag.
- A money-back service guarantee
“I know it’s very tough for a consumer to know who’s a good cleaner, much less find one,” owner Dave Colehour said. “In having met the Award of Excellence requirements, the AOE seal gives for the first time an independent verification of our commitment to quality customer service.
“It’s very easy to differentiate yourself as a dry cleaner by price or speed. But it takes a great deal of knowledge and expertise to differentiate oneself by achieving the Award of Excellence.”