It’s the one time of the year when you don’t need to worry about cool clothes. Hey, the uglier, the better!
Even though National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day is scheduled for the third Friday in December, ugly sweater bar crawls, office parties, and house parties can last throughout the month. For a tradition that started in the early 2000s – no doubt as a result of college drinking – this event picks up renewed steam every year.
The sky is the limit. Cute, outrageous, hideous, or on the cusp of inappropriate, you can find a Christmas vest or sweater that’ll peak your interest. Whether you choose reindeer, Santa, or lit Christmas tree lights, there’s a red and green applique-encrusted cheesy holiday sweater that’s just right for you.
How to Find an Ugly Christmas Sweater
- Rummage through your mom or grandmother’s closet.
- Shop local thrift or vintage stores, such as the Salvation Army, Goodwill, or Ragstock. Dress it up with gaudy additions.
- Purchase a new or used sweater at one of the uglysweater.com websites or buy it from a department store. Typically, prices range from $24 to $80.
- For around $100, you can design a uniquely ugly sweater at uglychristmassweater.com.
- Want to get a jump on next year’s festivities, shop the end of the year sales rack for bargains.
Still not feeling inspired? Shop online while watching one of these holiday movies for cringe-worthy designs.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas – What’s not to love about The Grinch’s “I [heart] XMAS” sweater? The prominent tree compliments green skin tones perfectly.
- Christmas with the Kranks – From the poinsettia sweater and clashing holiday turtleneck to the mitten and candy cane adorned vest, Jamie Lee Curtis really knows how to rock an ugly sweater.
- The Santa Clause – With more than one awful sweater to choose from (and hats to match), you’ll pick up a myriad of ideas from this movie.
- Deck the Halls – If you want to involve the family in your love of unsightly sweaters, then this is a must-see film. Warning, if you’re getting along with your teen right now, skip the ugly clothing collaboration.
Can you think of any better way to decompress than to don an obnoxious sweater and have a good laugh?
Leave maturity behind, and dip your toes into the pool of absurdity. Swap your suit, silk, and leather for Aunt Elenore’s synthetic masterpiece for a day. Don’t worry about the Instagram pictures; nobody’s going to accuse YOU of being stuck-up this year.
Come celebrate the ugly Christmas sweater!
Those horrible sweaters also need tender loving care. If you’d rather be enjoying the holidays, than spending time hand washing your intricate sweater, give us a call. With a commitment to pampering our customers, we make convenience a top priority. You’ll always receive the highest standard of quality and professional service. Contact us today.